Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What this blog is about...

Apparently, people in this country do not have enough witty commentary in their daily lives. I've finally been subjected to enough peer pressure to start a blog. Hopefully it will eventually be read by more than 2 people. Within these entries, you will obtain an insight into my daily thought processes as I read the news blurbs from day to day. So kick back, have fun, and remember that hooked-on-phonics only works if you apply it :)
You will find out quite fast that my thoughts jump from subject to subject and I hope that you can keep up. Most of my blogs will likely deal with politics (it's easy to make fun of politicians!), nature, and religion.
So let's get the first out of the way: Politics. I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican. If you really have to fit me into one of those square holes, I guess that I relate most closely to the Libertarian party, although I am a (PROUD!) registered Independent. My belief is that our Constitution should be the ultimate authority in this land, not Congress, not the President, and certainly not the Judicial branch. While this seems straight forward, wait. You will see lots of blogs on this topic, and if you are not outraged after reading these, then you are not paying attention.
Nature would obviously be a large topic for me, being a Maine Guide. I feel a strong connection to the earth. I know with absolute certainty that if I had not been domesticated at an early age, I would be running naked through the woods with the wolves. Howl at the Moon for me, buddies.
That leaves Religion. I'm currently pursuing my doctorate in Religion. I'm fascinated by a facet of humanity that is that powerful, with so little evidence of why it exists in the first place. I'm well versed in all the ,major religions, so be prepared for anything. :)

No comments: