Friday, January 9, 2009

Everything I ever needed to know I learned from my friend, Wayne

In the spirit of one of my favorite authors, Robert Fulghum (All I ever needed to know I learned in kindergarten, It was on fire when I lay down on it, etc.), I created this list of what spending time with one of the most incredible persons I have had the distinct pleasure of sharing time with has taught me:

1. Walk, don't run. Running through life doesn't allow time to savor the moments that make life special.

2. The recipe to a good marriage is 1 part tolerance, 2 parts love, 3 parts work, a pinch of sarcastic humor tickled with a bit of spicy passion, tempered under a slow simmer for 30+ years.

3. Everyone that you meet has a lesson to teach you.

4. Silence is something to be cherished, but not extended.

5. Everyone gets kicked in the face from time to time. The key to success is to get back up every time.

6. Cats can be transported by ambulance from the scene of a motor vehicle accident but can't fill out insurance paperwork.

7. The measure of a man is not monetary wealth, but the unique wealth that comes from experiencing what the world has to offer.

8. Nothing heals the soul like a day of fishing.

9. Life finds a way if you believe it will. "Six months to live" can turn into 5 years plus if you have faith.

10. Fortune favors the prepared. Hence, be careful what you throw out.

11. "Murphy's Law" is the missing gospel of the Bible.

No comments: